Sunday, September 22, 2013

COLUMBUS - Elyria High grad Chase Farris got the first start of his Ohio State career Saturday against Florida A&M, replacing the injured Michael Bennett on the defensive line.

The 6-foot-4, 308-pound redshirt sophomore didn't have much time to prepare for his big moment.

"I didn't find out until the first play of the game," said Farris, a defensive lineman-turned offensive lineman-turned back into a defensive lineman. "They said, 'Get ready, you're going today.' ... You just know your number is being called and it's time to go.

"It's amazing, it's really amazing. It definitely was a surprise. I wasn't expecting it. I figured I'd get in sooner or later. But to start today was definitely amazing. My coaches trusted me to get into the game today."

Farris made some plays, too, recording a sack for an 8-yard loss and tipping a pass at the line of scrimmage in OSU's 76-0 win.

Bennett got a stinger in the Cal game last week and couldn't play.

Farris said he's much better suited to play the defensive line now than when he first got to Columbus out of Elyria High.

"Definitely, definitely," he said. "When I was first moved to the D-line I was 275 (pounds). ... They moved me to the O-line and now I'm back to the D-line at 310. It's definitely a big difference. It's more proportional for me to be 310 against somebody who is 310 instead of being 275."


Source: Northcoastnow

No comments:

Post a Comment